Saturday, December 4, 2010

Why aren't their eggs refrigerated?

We have a 5 day weekend here in Spain- it's the December "puente" in which everyone celebrates the Constitution Day and the Immaculate Conception, but it's really just an excuse to have some time off from work and school! So although we didn't get to have a Thanksgiving holiday break, we get this early December one which is just as nice.

So tomorrow we are catching a bus to take us north to Valencia. From there, we'll see if we can take a bus or train to Barcelona. Our main purpose for the trip is to see my Uncle Lucky (I know, cool name!). He'll be in a town called "Sitges" for a few hours and he recommended we visit there and come have lunch with him. Sitges is on the beach, so even though it won't be warm, it should be pretty. Pictures to come!

I promise to give some more updates soon as I realize I've been slacking a little on writing.

Until then, you can ponder this and maybe give me an answer to it as well:

Why do Americans refrigerate their eggs when Spanish people do not? Eggs at the supermarket here are never in a cooler, they're always just out on the shelf. Everyone leaves them at room temperature and they taste just fine!

And why are our eggs white anyway?

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea, But I really want to know! I thought maybe the farms were closer so they did not have to travel as far but I am almost sure that is not it. So spill the beans...or in this case eggs.

    ReplyDelete