9. The people- laid back and friendly (most of them anyway).
8. Historic, culturally-rich towns such as Ashland, Jacksonville, Silverton, Sisters, and Astoria.
7. There are ample places to surround oneself in nature- hiking, biking, camping, rafting, and skiing galore!
6. The University of Oregon- a wonderful place to go to college. Go DUCKS!
5. The rain. What Oregon is probably best known for. But there's also snow and sunshine too!
4. Being only a couple hours drive from the ocean, the mountains, the desert, civilization or country life- Oregon has it all!
3. The FRESH air. And it's SOOOO green (most of the year). I've seen the green country side of Ireland, and Oregon provides fierce competition.
2. A very safe state to grow up in and to raise a family.
1. Did I mention the beach? Beautiful all year round- although don't expect Cancun waters here!
Multnomah FallsAbove photos provided by Greg Stafford Photography.
Klamath Falls Wildlife Refuge